The intention of CPD is to allow the practitioner to keep their knowledge and skills up to date through regular seminars and courses. This keeps our members abreast of industry changes, latest technology, legislation and a range of illnesses and medical conditions which they may come across within their working environment. Ultimately it will benefit the public who are seeking electrolysis.
We recommended that our members undertake annual Continuous Professional Development (CPD) which is checked by the BIAE Board who then award the relevant CPD points. Annually members are required to achieve a minimum of 10 CPD points but many exceed this. On our membership list an asterisk * indicates they have completed their CPD.
Examples of CPD that BIAE members have undertaken recently include the following:
<1i>Maria Tudor - MASCED
<1i>Josh Yardley - ACCOR Cosmetic Corrector
<1i>Spencer Hodges - Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
<1i>Janice Brown - House of Hof - The Effect Technology has on Electrolysis
<1i> Carol Hutchison - Cushings Disease, Update on My Journey
<1i>Dr Martin Lowe - Cardiac Electrophysiology
<1i>Kellie Maloney - My Transition and Electrolysis
<1i>Mandy Tyson - Up to Date Treatment and Medication Protocols for AIDS
<1i>Sharon Reid - Progressive Epilation and Flash Demonstration
<1i>Lynda Fisher - How Protected are You
<1i>Skip Mahler - Computerised Electrolysis
<1i>Dr Robert Rutland - Anti-Ageing and Cosmetic Medicine
<1i>Dr Mayank Patel - Consultant in Diabetes
- Understanding the Menopause - Norma Goldman BPharm.MSc
- Pilonidal Sinus - The Condition & Treatment + Anorectal Sepsis / Perianal conditions - Tayo Oke, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woolwich, London
- Dr Gennaro Selvaggi - Plastic Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeon Gender Unit of Charing Cross Hospital – Transgender Reconstructive Surgery - male to female/female to male.
- Dr Tremble - Consultant Endocrinologist from Queen Elizabeth Hospital – General Functions and Abnormalities associated with the Endocrine System - causes, symptoms and treatment available.
- Charlotte Footman - St Marys Hospital, Paddington – The Unwanted Impact of Hormones on the Female Body.
- Dr Rachel Healy, Consultant Dermatologist from Queen Elizabeth Hospital - Benign and Malignant Skin Lesions - cause, symptoms, treatments – clinical studies
- Dr Anna Chapman Consultant Dermatologist from Queen Elizabeth Hospital – Inflammatory skin disorders cause, symptoms, treatments – clinical studies.
- Advanced cosmetic Procedures 2 day course
- Dr Tremble Consultant Endocrinologist from Queen Elizabeth Hospital - Unwanted Body Hair - a Medical or Cosmetic Problem? Testing for PCOS
- Advanced cosmetic procedures 1 day refresher course
- One day electrolysis refresher course
- Transgender theory and practical training course
- John Paradise Cert Ed, MIfL, PGNLP, Dip Hyp, GQHP, GHR Reg - Lectured on Clinical Hypnotherapy and Pain Free Electrolysis
- Gill Morris FRSA MCIM, MPSA, GMT Business Training - Successful Marketing