Angela has 40 years experience in the industry, training as a beauty therapist before specialising in electrolysis in 1979. Since then she has trained as a Teacher, Assessor and Complimentary Therapist. She works as a consultant for City and Guilds. She also writes teaching and assessment materials, and acts as an external verifier. Angela has just stepped down after 3 years as the Chair of the BIAE, but remains an examiner and trainer for them.
Angela is a Fellow of the Federation of Holistic Therapists being awarded this enhanced status January 2017 as a mark of distinction which is recognised by therapy professionals and the public to show the highest standards of expertise achievement and success. Angela is a Multi Award Winning Therapist who has had her skills and professionalism recognised both at National and Local level.
Other career highlights include:
Winner of National Beauty Therapist of the Year 2016 FHT Excellence Awards
Kent Beauty Therapist of the Year 2016 Silver Award
Outstanding Contribution to the Health and Beauty Industry Bronze Award Winner 2016
- Publishing a book, ‘The Complete Guide to Electro Epilation’ in 2000.
- Being the Beauty Expert on BBC Radio Kents ‘Julie Maddox Show’ from 2002-2004
- Running the Beauty & Complimentary Therapies department at a busy college, managing 20 Beauty Therapy teaching staff for over 14 years.
- Working on the NHS Gender Identity Service CRG, Depilation Sub Committee regarding hair removal treatments for transgender patient’s pre and post- surgery.
- Setting up the first BIAE transgender training course in July 2014, training Electrologists to preparing transgender patients perineal donor site for surgery.
- Sitting on the National Advisory Committee for Beauty Therapy.
- Running a successful beauty business and training academy in Kent.